Monday, July 27, 2009

JEEZ

Cant a guy just go somewhere and not have to put up with b.s.??? I guess not.... heres the situation: I live and work here in Germany for the american government, basically, and right now there is some discussion in the op-ed section of the paper here about how much "news" time is given to Fox news, the "fair and balanced" stars and stripes yeah for (conservative) America and all that vs. the time given to CNN, NBC, ABC, and so on. (These latter news organizations being considered part of the liberal left wing elitist media that helped put McCain in as the republican candidate, thereby insuring Obama would win-or at least thats the story they are telling us these days, if you believe that stuff.) I dont know if there is more time given to Fox, but I guess it has come out that, indeed they do get quite a bit but thats because (we are told) most of us in the military are "conservative" therefore afn(armed forces network) is only catering to its audience. What a bunch of b.s.!

I didnt hink much of it, but now that I started to observe the news programs more closely, I am begining to think there might be something to this bias stuff, wondering why? I mean, lets face facts...Fox is fair and balanced, as long as they get out and report the views of both the ultra-conservatives, the moderate conservatives, and the middle of the road conservatives. Reminds me of that line from the Blues Brothers, when they were booked a gig at a red neck bar and Elwood ask the waitress what kind of music do you play here, and she answers "Oh, we like both kinds, country AND western! I mean, Fox makes no bones about the fact that they are the hunters and Obama and the democrats are like deer....shoot em on the spot! Health care reform? Furgetaboutit! Taking responsibility for the war in Iran, torture, Gitmo, illegal wire taps, ect? Why thats just un-American! (Texas drawl accent here) Why, anything we did after 9-11 was justified cause them arabs terrorized us, and the great George W made sure they had it commin! Bottom line, Fox is a joke.

Today I went to the gym to get in a workout, and the t.v.'s were on, one had the sports channel, the other the news channel. On the news was Fox's own Sean Hannity discussing the Health Care reform bill. His main point for the 40 seconds or so that I caught was that it was too "heavy". He had a copy of the bill in a binder and kept picking it up and slamming it down on the table, saying this is the bill congress will never read....I guess his point is the politicians are too stupid to read such a book, it has too many pages, too many big words, and its just too doggone long! He did have a guest on who gave us some of the "low-lights" of the bill, meaning she had time to read it and find some bad things in it...but congress wouldnt. Funny we think so little of our congressional members. I dont know if the health care plan is good or not, but judging from Fox's reaction to it, I am thinking it is good for the poorer people, but not so good for the rich as it might cost them money. Wouldnt that be a shame? I am all for it!

Whats my point? I dont know, I just started rambling on about Fox after being subjected to its news programming. I switched over to the sports, though I hate baseball. I cannot wait until my Ipod is working again.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Hi WP.

FOX - or as they are also known as FAUX news, is always in the doghouse.They are sneaky sending their reporters out to harrass individuals, among so many other questionable tactics. What they report - I have already senn online sometimes three days before. They put up a "news alert" for the most unimportant news that just came over the wire. FOX cries wolf way too often.

Women who wear a ton of lipgloss are a shoe in to be hired as - ahem, journalists.

There are no true journalists left. Walter Crinkite took an era with him when he died recently.

Hope your Ipod is working!