Thursday, July 16, 2009

Did you know???

You can go into google map, type in an address and a picture of the place may show up on the result...I did so, and found a piture of the house where my brother and I grew up. : http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=3131+w+18+place+cleveland+ohio+map&um=1&ie=UTF-8&split=0&ei=JxZfSozLAcTz-Qbc-uTmAQ&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=title&resnum=1 Just in case you are interested...Its the one on the lest, with a porch and bricks in front with holes to peak through. The old neighborhood is looking pretty rough, but there it is. Isnt modern technology great!!! Now if we could just go back in time....

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Pretty cool, huh?

You bet. Technology is great. I was just last night talking to a friend on the net about this very thing - we've been communicating for years everyday and sometimes it just still blows me away that if it wasn't for the internet, we wouldn't know each other. Oh and what I would have missed.

The place where I grew up was torn down many years ago. Right of eminent domain. The County bought up a bunch of homes and made the area into a forest preserve. At least it wasn't turned into a subdivision!