Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Me lazy man? NoOOOO, me busy man.

Too darn busy to sit and write down stuff in my own blog. Mostly I 'troll through all my normal blogs to see what happenin, maybe slip in a rude comment or 2 when its appropriate, or inappropriate even. I am not doing much, our boring lives just trudge on, but soon we shall be visiting Colorado and Montana, even just for shits and grins. Oh, yeah, visit the kids along the way, talk to some of the yocals, see whats up. Seems my wife now has it in her head we should buy a home there to live out the remaining decades of our lives. O.K., sounds like a plan, but I like town. I dont want to live in the middle of the woods, all dark and scary. Plus, I enjoy being able to walk to WALK to a store to buy a loaf of bread or whatever and NOT have to drive 10 miles, ya know what I mean? Not New York, just not the boonies, o.k.? I am sure we will work something out, I am sure I am not the only one that feels this way. We love the mountains, though...wide open spaces, hiking, biking, that sort of thing; clean air. Just as long as we dont get A) attacked and eaten by bears, or other wild animals, or B) have to explain to people why we dont like skinheads, nazis, bikers, gun lovers, preverts or other assorted nut cases that believe that freedom means freedom to get in my face. Please, please DONT. Thanks. Happy trails, see you all in 2 weeks.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

I posted this on my blog but just in case you read your's first:

Have an awesome time in CO.! When you're in Wyoming, you won't be far from me. I'll wave...
Do you have your cowboy hat and boots ready?

Post on your blog about your trip after you return.

Happy trails, to you......:)

I hear ya about not wanting to live in the middle of nowhere. Provisions and medical attention are reasons to be close to a bigger town.

You have to like quiet....layed back attitudes and waving. There are different kinds of waves. LOL

Gun rights are big in this area so you will be amongst gun lovers. I think in Montana alone, there are three guns per household. That's for hunting though too.

It's a different lifestyle but one that so many people can only dream about so you're lucky if that will be your destination.

Have a wonderful trip to CO. ~